We’ve all heard the motivational speakers preach the message of “Ya gotta have goals.” And they’re right. “Ya gotta have goals.”
That’s a very important start in any endeavor, but it’s not enough to guarantee your success. In addition to HAVING some goals, you’ve got to do some PERIODIC CHECKING to see if you’re going in the right direction and making sufficient progress towards your goals.
I recommend the following 7 questions. They’ll keep your goals in the forefront of your mind, and they’ll help you stay on track … doing the right things to achieve your goals as you avoid the inevitable pitfalls.
1. What three things could prevent you from achieving your goals in the next six months?
2. What is the single biggest opportunity you will have to grow personally and professionally in the next twelve months?
3. If you were able to do last week over again, what one thing would you do differently to have better results?
4. If you were able to do last month over again, what three things would you do differently to have better results?
5. Are you spending your time in a way that delivers the best possible results?
6. What one thing can you stop doing today that will give you more time?
7. If it were entirely up to you, what would you change in your work?
They’re great questions. And every time you ask yourself these questions, you’re going to get a payoff.